Updated May 2021
Fitness trackers are the ultimate training companion to give you insight into your progress and monitor your health levels. If you are into water sports and activities, you will be eager to have a look at the best waterproof fitness trackers to match your activities.
While most fitness watches and trackers are water-resistant to withstand sweat and a bit of water splashing on the watch, many of them are not durable enough to be submerged in water. This is often due to the materials used in the watches.
While you want to protect your watch from breaking when immersing it in water, you may also be looking for a watch that will still track your training while you are in the water. This is why you need this in-depth guide showing 10 of the best waterproof fitness trackers and smartwatches for you to choose from.
Some watches may not function properly in water even if they don’t break completely when submerged, so searching for a fully waterproof tracker will help you determine which model is best suited for you.
Along with functionality, style, and price, I have all the options you could want right here, with descriptions and the pros and cons of each, for you.
Best Waterproof Tracker Quick Links
- The Best Overall Fitness Tracker: Polar Vantage M Multisport Watch
- The Best Waterproof Fitness Tracker With GPS: Fitbit Charge 4 Fitness And Activity Tracker
- The Best Waterproof Fitness Tracker: Fitbit Inspire Fitness Tracker
- The Best Slimfit Waterproof Fitness Watch: Yamay Smart Watch Fitness Tracker
- The Stylish Waterproof Activity Tracker: Withings Steel HR Hybrid Smartwatch
- The Best All-In-One Fitness Tracker: Dosmarter Fitness Watch
- The Best Waterproof Fitness Tracker With Multi-sport Modes: Lintelek Fitness Tracker
- The Budget-Friendly Waterproof Fitness Tracker: Willful Fitness Tracker 2020 New Version
- The Best Waterproof Tracker With Blood Pressure Monitoring: Mgaolo Fitness Tracker With Blood Pressure Heart Rate Sleep Monitor
- The Best Fitness Tracker For Swimming: Morepro Smartwatch 10 Sport Modes
Rating & Price
Polar Vantage M Multisport Watch
(The Best Overall Fitness Tracker)
Fitbit Charge 4 Fitness And Activity Tracker
(The Best Waterproof Fitness Tracker With GPS)
Fitbit Inspire Fitness Tracker
(The Best Waterproof Fitness Tracker)
Yamay Smart Watch Fitness Tracker
(The Best Slimfit Waterproof Fitness Watch)
Withings Steel HR Hybrid Smartwatch
(The Stylish Waterproof Activity Tracker)
Dosmarter Fitness Watch
(The Best All-In-One Fitness Tracker)
Lintelek Fitness Tracker
(The Best Waterproof Fitness Tracker With Multi-Sport Modes)
Willful Fitness Tracker 2020 New Version
(The Budget-Friendly Waterproof Fitness Tracker)
Mgaolo Fitness Tracker With
(The Best Waterproof Tracker With Blood Pressure Monitoring)
Morepro Smartwatch 10 Sport Modes
(The Best Fitness Tracker For Swimming)
Waterproof Vs. Water-Resistant
Waterproof fitness trackers are more than just water-resistant. WWhile water-resistant fitness trackers only guarantee protection against small amounts of water like sweat and light rain.
Waterproof fitness trackers, on the other hand, can survive massive amounts of water, at least to a certain depth, like the swimming pool, showers, or torrential downpours. This is why you should always check whether a watch is waterproof or water-resistant.
This ease of use allows you to keep your watch on during water activities, whether it is a quick dip in the pool or a swim in the ocean. You can also shower with a waterproof watch, however, it is advised to keep it away from very hot water as this can damage the material of the watch.
In choosing a fitness tracker, you have to consider your day’s activities and habits. A waterproof fitness tracker will be suitable for you if, for example, you think you may forget to take it off before you shower or put it back on after you have had a bath.
Top 10 Waterproof Fitness Trackers
Things To Consider When Buying A Waterproof Fitness Tracker
Battery Life: It is crucial to get a tracker that lasts long after full charge, especially if you are going to be involved in physical activity that will last for many hours in a day. You would not want your tracker to die before you finish your workout for the day.
Sync With Your Mobile Phone: Since you don’t want to miss essential notifications on your mobile phone, it is advisable to get a tracker that is compatible with your phone. You should note that some fitness trackers cannot sync with some smartphones.
Heart Rate Monitoring: Most waterproof fitness trackers do not measure heart rates while underwater, and it is not usually necessary. Despite this fact, it is crucial to go for trackers that monitor your heart rates, so that you do not exceed what is healthy for you.
Functional Apps: You should check the apps that are available on the tracker you want to buy. These will enable you to achieve your fitness goals.
Comfort and Style: Being comfortable while trying to stay fit is a must. Go for a tracker that is comfortable on your wrist and is light enough for you. Most models are sleek, but you have to go for one that suits your fashion taste. You may need to keep track of your physical activity when you are at work or a party, not in sports clothes.
Reasons Why You Should Get A Fitness Tracker
A fitness tracker is one device you should get if you are trying to stay in shape or lose a few pounds. Here are some fantastic benefits of fitness trackers that will make you want to have them.
- Fitness trackers help you to set and achieve goals. Using the fitness tracker, you can set achievable goals and accomplish them within your time frame. They keep you on your feet once you have set a goal so that you can achieve it.
- Fitness trackers motivate you. These little devices may be just the motivation you need to realize that fitness goal. Since they keep records of all your physical activity, you get to see how much you have done in a day and how many calories you have burned. It motivates you to set more goals daily and achieve them.
- Fitness trackers monitor your health. Your pulse and heart rate are calculated by the fitness tracker so that you do not carry out a more intense exercise than is healthy for you. Your steps are also measured, as these devices can serve as pedometers.
- Fitness trackers keep track of your sleep. These fitness trackers are not only interested in your workout routines but your general health. That is why they track your sleep, letting you know if you have had enough sleep or not. They also record improvements in your slumber time and offer suggestions on how to sleep better and stay healthy.
- Fitness trackers keep you connected to your phone. While working out, you don’t want to get disconnected from vital activities on your phone. Most fitness trackers enable a wireless connection to your mobile phone. That way, you still get to see your calls and text messages from your phone without losing track of your fitness progress.
- Fitness trackers are user-friendly and easy to use. You can also customize them to fit your busy schedule.
- Fitness trackers are a smart way of keeping progress records. First of all, these trackers are portable, so you can have them with you wherever you are going. Since they are light and worn on the wrists, you do not have to be so conscious of them. These are digital devices, like mini-computers, that keep an accurate record of your daily physical activity. It is better to use fitness trackers than to record your daily physical activity in a logbook manually.
What Makes A Waterproof Fitness Tracker A Better Option?
When you decide to buy a fitness tracker, consider getting a waterproof one to enjoy the benefits listed below.
- Waterproof fitness trackers are safe to use during activities that involve water without causing damage.
- You do not lose them easily since you do not have to take them off and put them on every time you get wet.
- Some watches perform fitness tracking functions even underwater.
- They can be used to monitor aquatic sports activities.
- They are also fashionable accessories that can add style to your outfits.
Best Waterproof Fitness Tracker FAQs
Are All Fitness Trackers Waterproof?
No, not all fitness trackers are waterproof and a lot of models should not be submerged in water. You may find water-resistant watches, but this will only protect the watch from water splashes, such as when you are washing your hands or from sweat.
If you want to swim with your watch, you must ensure you are selecting a fully waterproof watch when purchasing your fitness tracker.
Should I Wear A Fitness Tracker In The Shower?
While some of the top waterproof fitness trackers can be worn in the shower, it is not advisable to wear these watches in hot water, even when they are labeled as waterproof. The heat can damage the watch, so it is best to take precautions and remove it before showering.
Do All Waterproof Trackers Monitor Activity In The Pool?
No, not all waterproof trackers can track your training data while in water. If you are wanting a watch that can keep track of your swimming and other water sport activities, you should look for a watch that specifically states that it has the functionality to track water activities.
Before You Dive In
Fitness trackers help to keep a record of your physical activity during the day and night. They monitor your sleep quality, heart rate, and, sometimes, blood pressure. While considering one, do your due diligence and research fitness tracker ratings.
You should also seek one of the best waterproof fitness tracker watches because they do it all without getting damaged by water. Also, look out for trackers that suit your habits and lifestyle, in general, to help you lose weight the right way.
Purchasing a fitness tracker is based on personal preference, and you should choose a watch that provides you with the comfortability and style that you want for your everyday life and training needs.
My personal favorite is the Fitbit Charge 4 since it provides style and all the functionality I need, including the built-in GPS function. Having a waterproof watch is also important to me, so the ability to keep it on while swimming is a big pro in my book.
If you have any experience with the products mentioned above, let us know in the comments below. We love to hear your experience and feedback.