Last Updated on August 25, 2020 by doron
Teas are mostly sought for their weight loss benefits, and CBD teas are now growing in demand. CBD teas are obtained from hemp plants, commercially made to help people achieve the health benefits of CBD in oral or digestible in the form of tea beverages. Is CBD tea really effective in losing weight? When is the best time to take CBD tea?
In this post, you’ll learn how CBD can help you reduce weight for your guidance and informed decision making when buying CBD products, most especially CBD tea.
CBD Tea Has Antioxidant Properties
Cannabidiol or CBD is a type of cannabis or hemp compound which has been extracted to provide therapeutic benefits. It is believed that CBD can address different medical conditions, like anxiety, depression, movement disorders, pain, and even used to shed a few pounds.
CBD teas help weight loss because of its antioxidant properties. Antioxidants help eradicate harmful free radicals in the body. Also, it is believed to hasten metabolism. When your body has increased metabolism, it burns fat more effectively. Of course, if you aim to lose weight, you should also need to watch what you eat and get enough exercise, rest, and sleep, along with drinking CBD tea.
Here are the antioxidant benefits of CBD tea:
- Improved Skin Health: The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of CBD help promote healthy skin. It means less risk for skin irritation and infection. Also, as you lose weight, the skin becomes less elastic, so exercise and drinking CBD can help bring back skin elasticity.
- Improved Immunity: Cannabidiol works with the cannabinoid receptors in the body to reduce inflammation or fight infection. It has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties for improved immunity.
- Cardiovascular Health: CBD can help regulate hormones that are responsible for maintaining proper blood pressure and heart muscle contraction by working with cannabinoid receptors in the body.
- Improved Mood: CBD is believed to reduce cortisol production for less stress and anxiety, which can lead to depression and overeating.
Take CBD Tea Daily as Part of Your Diet
Including CBD tea as a part of your diet is a good idea to help boost your metabolism and lose weight. Instead of regular tea or coffee, you can take advantage of drinking CBD tea instead for more health benefits. However, you can’t just take CBD tea anytime you want because it can also affect digestion.
Here are the good-to-know facts about making CBD tea as part of your diet:
- Don’t take CBD tea an hour before meals. Consuming tea during a meal may harden protein (in the food), which makes digestion more difficult. Drinking CBD tea immediately after a meal interferes with the body’s iron absorption.
- Avoid drinking CBD tea immediately after meals. Tea leaves, like CBD tea, are acidic, which may affect the body’s digestion process.
CBD Boosts Metabolism
CBD can help reduce weight. Teas, like CBD tea, contain catechins or flavonoids that help boost metabolism. Also, teas have caffeine that also increases energy use, so the body burns more calories.
The effect of CBD tea is enhanced if you include foods in your diet that also help boost metabolism, such as the following:
- Protein-rich Foods: A few examples include meat, eggs, dairy, fish, legumes, and nuts and seeds. These foods can help increase body metabolism, preventing you from overeating, and maintaining muscle mass.
- Cacao: Has metabolism-boosting properties to reduce fat buildup.
- Foods Rich in Iron, Selenium, and Zinc: These nutrients help promote proper thyroid function, which plays a vital role in healthy metabolism.
- Chili Peppers: They contain a chemical called capsaicin, which is a metabolism booster. It helps increase the number of fat and calories you burn.
- Metabolism-Boosting Spices: Cayenne pepper, ginger, grains of paradise, and other spices satisfy your satiety and reduce hunger.
CBD Tea Reduces Appetite
According to a study, CBD plays a role in appetite suppression. If a person has reduced appetite, there’s less for craving sessions and less food intake, which is highly beneficial for achieving your weight loss goals.
Here are some tips and tricks when drinking CBD tea to benefit from appetite suppression for weight loss fully:
- CBD Tea Drinking Timing: Take CBD at least two hours before or after a meal to help suppress appetite.
- Target Cravings: If you tend to experience cravings at night time, taking an afternoon tea will help reduce your sugar or carbohydrate cravings.
- CBD Tea Exercise Combination: Combine CBD tea drinking with exercise. Drink CBD tea 30 minutes to an hour before exercise, so you won’t start craving to eat more after exercising.
- Curb Appetite: Aside from CBD tea, you can also curb your appetite with oatmeal, cottage cheese, legumes, soup, water, flaxseed, avocados, and Greek yogurt.
CBD Tea Included in Weight Loss Management Plan
In a 2013 study at the University of Nebraska College of Medicine, the use of cannabis (contains high CBD) was linked with smaller waist circumference. CBD can help in weight management because it can treat debilitating pain, anxiety, and excessive tiredness due to sleeplessness. Managing these symptoms help people make better health decisions, like healthier food choices and exercise, which are crucial for weight loss management.
Here are the good-to-know facts about CBD tea and weight loss management:
- CBD is generally safe and won’t cause harm.
- While CBD oil is expensive, you can resort to other less expensive products like CBD tea to help you lose weight.
- For CBD tea to be effective, it should be coupled with lifestyle changes, like eating healthy food, sleeping on time, and regular workout. Talk to your personal trainer about using CBD products to relieve muscle pains due to intense workout or training.
- Aside from drinking tea, you can use CBD balms to reduce muscle pain or strain. Also, you can take CBD oil or tincture orally or mixed with your food or beverage if you prefer these methods.
- Consult your weight loss doctor or nutritionist about the possibility of including CBD tea in your weight loss diet plan.
Cannabidiol or CBD tea is rich in antioxidants, which help boost metabolism or burn more calories to attain weight loss. Incorporating CBD in your daily diet, with the right tea-drinking timing, will help you shed extra pounds. Just make sure to eat a balanced diet, take regular exercise, and get enough rest and sleep to attain your weight loss goals. In that way, the synergistic effects of a healthy lifestyle and CBD can lead to a successful weight loss treatment plan.