What is the Best Meal Replacement Shake for Weight Loss?
While most physicians and health care providers would agree in recommending you to eat a balanced diet filled with fresh fruits and veggies and low in sugars, fats and carbohydrates, it is widely recognized that this plan is not always followed.
For this reason meal replacement shakes are often a good suggestion for those who need to have protein and nutrients but will be missing a meal throughout the day.
Quick Look at Our Top Picks
- Best Meal Replacement Shakes for Women: Organifi Green Juice Superfood Supplement
- Best Tasting Meal Replacement Shakes: Carnation Breakfast Essentials Ready To Drink
- Best keto Meal Replacement Shakes : Kate Farms Komplete Vanilla Meal Replacement Shake
- Best Low-Carb Meal Replacement Shakes for Bodybuilding: Ensure Original Nutrition Meal Replacement Shake
- Best Affordable Meal Replacement Protein Shake: SlimFast Advanced Nutrition Meal Replacement Shake
- Best Meal Replacement Shakes for Men: Iconic Grass Fed Protein Drink
- Best Healthy Meal Replacement Shake: Nested Naturals Super Greens Veggie Superfood Powder
Meal replacement shakes are filled with protein and often other added nutrients to give you what you need to help build muscle. There are sugars, fats and carbohydrates but they are not overloaded in the shake or add on more than you would typically eat during a meal.
This helps with your weight-loss when you do not eat a proper, balanced diet or whenever you do not have time to eat, as skipping meals completely, especially breakfast actually adds to weight issues.
You can get all of your calories for energy in a healthy form rather that also comes with vitamins and minerals packed in.
If you choose to replace one or two meals it is suggested that you eat at least one large meal a day that is packed with calories to give you energy to exercise or perform daily activities. This will curb our hunger as well which will keep you from reaching for fatty, junk foods, or empty calories.
Quick Look at Our Top Pick:
- Flavor options
- Quality brand
Is it safe to take meal replacement shakes?
Meal replacement shakes in general are not harmful to the body but are a supplement to help your body get the nutrients it needs. It is important to make sure that you know yourself and your diet and hag you speak with your doctor before deciding to add meal replacement shakes in.
As stated, it is preferred that each person would be eating a balanced diet throughout the day that is loaded with nutrients, when that is not an option meal replacement shakes are a helpful substitute. They are generally safe to take because they do not contain harmful chemicals to the body and you can choose organic and plant based shakes to make it easier on the body to digest.
Considerations for selecting meal replacement shakes for this list
When creating this list a few things were taken in consideration as the most important things that you should look for. While there are other minor concerns you may have such as a completely organic, or vegan shake, or one gear for diabetic diets, this list of considerations outline the general requirements for a great meal replacement and weight loss shake.
- Sufficient calories: While it may sound counterproductive to have a high calorie count in a single drink, it is actually helpful as you need calories to have energy throughout the day. You need sufficient calories to replace the amount you would normally get in a balanced meal, and these calories are not empty like many things we eat throughout the day.
- High protein count: A high protein count is good for your weight-loss goals because protein helps to make muscles rather than fat. A protein count of 15 grams or more is a good content for a meal replacement shake.
- Vitamins and calcium: The added vitamins and calcium you can find in the shake are needed when you miss a meal. Calcium is especially necessary as many of the shakes are dairy-free so the added calcium is important for bone and teeth health.
Top 7 Meal Replacement Shakes For Weight Loss
It cannot be stressed enough that a balanced diet, eating anywhere form 3-6 meals a day, is recommended for weight-loss, and overall healthy living. Whether you prefer three larger meals or five to six smaller meals a day, it is important that they are healthy, loaded with fresh fruits and veggies, vitamins and minerals.
If, however, you find that you will be missing a few meals throughout the day or if you are looking for an alternative, meal replacement shakes that are filled with nutrients are an excellent option. Be sure that you read the labels on the shakes to see that proteins, vitamins and minerals, and carbohydrates are included.
You can try out a few different options to see which is the best taste and works well with your dietary needs. Take a meal replacement shake once a day in the place of a meal while adding regular exercise and a healthy diet.