What Is The Keto Diet?
The keto diet has been getting a lot of face time in the media and on health sites these days and while it may be a perfect fit for you I want to say it isn’t exactly a new idea.
The keto diet is also known by and may sound more common to you when referred to as a low carb or low carb, high fat diet.
Carbs seem to have been seen as the enemy for a long time, though I have to say not all carbs are bad and you shouldn’t cut them out absolutely.
Carbs and sugars are things your body needs as well, just perhaps not in copious amounts.
Quick Look at Our Top Picks
When you consume less carbs you are forcing your body to start the process of ketosis and puts you in a metabolic state.
Ketones, which are made in the liver are produced more in the liver when you cut down on carbs and are the main element in the process of ketosis.
The keto diet is one that you should thoroughly discuss with your doctor, or health care provider before you start the diet and it’s probably a good idea to continue speaking to them throughout the diet.
Not every diet is good for every body type and if you experiencing light headedness or other symptoms you should immediately consult your doctor.
Before adding in any kind of supplement or making changes to your diet and exercise routine you should speak with a doctor.
Is The Keto Diet Safe, And For Everyone?
I wanted to make this specific point because often when we want to lose weight we introduce diets and routines into our lives without really looking into them.
Many people, especially youth, jump into a diet and do not do it properly and end up very ill or without the results they were hoping to see.
I also want to note that I am not a doctor or a registered dietician and I do not have a medical license to back up my words, they are simply my words.
I personally believe serious diets like this one are not meant for long term dieting, and should not be your approach to life overall.
The keto diet can be safe and effective but should not result in your starving yourself of nutrients or leaving them out.
Remember your body needs some carbs and sugars to be healthy and for you to be at a good weight!
Editor’s Choice for Best Keto Supplement For Weight Loss:
- 12 superfoods included
- Hormone balance
- Immune support
Special Considerations For Compiling This List
- Specific for keto: Some of the weight loss supplements like to label themselves different ways to get consumers but are not actually good for keto or whatever they say. I have tried and loved these keto supplements and as a strict keto dieter I made sure the ones I selected actually adhere to the keto diet.
- Supports weight loss: I’ve done the research and the trail runs so you do not have to, though I suppose you could if you want to, I love all of these. What I love is when they say they fat burn and promote weight loss they actually do.
- Added nutrients: My personal belief is that if you are taking a supplement it should be doing lots of good things for you. That’s why I choose supplements with added nutrients to help you lose weight and amp up your immune system as well.
- Easy to take: I love these supplements but to tell you an honest secret, I hate actually taking supplements. I chose ones that are easy to add into the routine and are also easy going down.
- Good price: I’m not saying every single option on this list is extremely cheap but I do think they come at affordable prices to meet your needs and budget. Even the pricer options are going to be high quality and worth what you are paying for.
Top 5 Keto Supplements For Weight Loss
If you’re going to get yourself into a more healthy weight and fit back into your favorite pair of jeans, a good place to start is by examining your diet and exercise. Make sure you speak with your doctor before you begin to make these major changes to your life and your body.
The supplements on this list are great at helping your burn fat and lose the weight you have been struggling with. They adhere to most diet plans including keto, vegan, and gluten-free diets.
For many of the products on this list if you have issues or are not satisfied you can talk with the company and find a way for a refund or return. I don’t think you’ll need it though as I made sure to pick my faves and leave out all of the trash that you don’t want or need. Good luck dieting and stay safe!