What Is A Fitness Tracker?
Fitness trackers have made a big splash in the technological world in the recent years as we have become increasingly more concerned with our health. It’s not hard to wonder why when we consider the increase of childhood obesity, diseases affecting the heart and even diabetes.
Quick Look at Our Top Picks
Proper wellness and fitness may have been ideas that we put on the back burner but now our overall well being is a popular topic and the basis for many new trends. One in particular is the idea that have a fitness tracker attached to you almost constantly is a good idea and that the tracker itself should be easy to read, log information and be stylish to boot.
You may have seen fitness trackers popping up around the office on the wrists of your colleagues or in the gym while you are exercising. These small bands do not take up much room and can be worn daily and usually the battery lasts long term so you don’t have to take it on and off.
A fitness tracker is a piece of technology that is designed to monitor a few different areas of your overall fitness throughout the day. These trackers do not always have to be wearable, but typically they come in wearable bands so you can keep the tracker on your wrist and logging your fitness data day and night.
Many fitness trackers count your daily steps, and the distance that you walk or run, but some even can count the calories that you burn in a day. A lot of fitness trackers that will monitor your sleep throughout the night and can even give you gentle wake up reminders and allow you to set alarms throughout the day.
You can wear most fitness trackers through the night without issue so that your heart rate will be continuously monitored and recorded to give you a better picture of your heart health without losing time tracking it. It can also keep track of your sleep and with some of the trackers that are waterproof you can take the tracker into the shower and pool without issue and without losing tracking information.
Can fitness trackers be inexpensive and still good quality?
If you have made it to this page then you are searching for an inexpensive fitness tracker but you are wanting one that is of good quality. The question is, is it possible to have a fitness tracker that can handle all of the functions you are needing, be in a stylish design and still be on a budget?
While some of the pricier fitness trackers like Fitbit or even an Apple watch are favored by a lot of people, you can still get a lot of the same features and style for a percent of the price you would pay for name brand. The devices that have been chosen for this list in particular are good quality products that will not only track your information accurately, but are reliable and stylish as well.
They are also durable devices that will hold up with everyday use and will last for years to come as well. You may need to do some band replacement over the course of time, but tracker itself should be built to withstand a lot of general wear and tear.
Special considerations for compiling this list
The fitness tracker that is specific for you will come down to your own choice of preferences, but we compiled a list to help you out. This list will state for you the pluses and minuses of each tracker and these are some of the considerations we had when we selected each device.
- Inexpensive: As in the name of this article and the reason for your search, the items on this list should be inexpensive for you to be able to purchase on a budget. To be inexpensive they need to qualify as being fifty dollars or less, but still of good quality.
- Durable: These devices should be made to last the wear and tear of everyday life and long term use over the course of a year. The charge on the battery, the synchronization and all of the technical aspects should hold up as well as the band on the tracker, which should be interchangeable.
- Multiple fitness tracking measurements: It is great if the trackers count the steps you take and measure the distance you run or walk, but any normal pedometer can do the same thing. Your fitness tracker should track more areas such as heart rate, calories burned, and to monitor your sleep as well.
- Stylish design: The designs on these devices should be modern and stylish so that they go with your outfits and so you will want to keep them on hand all day. The device needs to be one that you want to keep with you so that it can accurately read all of the information going on with you continuously.
- Long battery life: Most of these devices wirelessly charge so to charge your device you need only to plug it into a USB port or computer and the battery will last you throughout the week. The life of the battery should extend to the battery’s longevity meaning that you should not have to replace it often or soon after purchasing.
Top 5 budget fitness trackers on the market
A fitness tracker is something that anyone and everyone could benefit from adding to their lifestyle due to the fact that it monitors and gives you a general picture of your health. It does not tell you every aspect of your health, but does help you keep track of a few different areas of your wellness.
You can keep track of your steps, distance, the calories burned, heart rate and in some cases even your sleep. These things can be logged and it can be synced to your phone to keep your health information in one place.
With everything together and lined up, you can get a general picture of what is going on with your body, and have the recorded information on hand in case you need to show it to a doctor or to help you make informed lifestyle changes. You will be responsibly looking after how active you are, and how well you sleep and how these things affect you.